I'm tired this morning. So tired. Mondays have organically become "miscellaneous admin day." This is fine, I guess. Last week was not as productive as the week before it. I figured that would happen. Perhaps it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Perhaps I was simply acknowledging and appreciating a rarity when I encountered it. Unclear. Doesn't really matter. There were moments of intense productivity last week followed by moments of extended recovery. I would like to make it a little more consistent this week. That feels more "medium" to me.
Here's a recap of what I set out to do and how it landed:
- Finish the commission I started—Not Done—I have to prioritize that early this week.
- Possibly start another commission if I finish early enough—N/A
- Accomplish a milestone in the design job (intentionally vague due to the NDA I signed)—Done!
- Make more progress with the A&C pattern (maybe even finish it? we'll see)—Done!—See hero image for this post. I'd like to do 2 more things before I finish this officially. I'm going to try to wrap that up today.
- Explore Pinterest options as it relates to my business—Not Done.
General time goals:
- Approximately 20 hours of work on the design project—Done!—I came in just shy but I accomplished the task.
- Approximately 10 hours of work on commissions—Not Done—This will have to change this week.
- Approximately 10 hours of work on A&C pattern creation, admin, and other miscellaneous tasks.—Done!
All things considered, last week wasn't too bad. I wish I'd have made more progress on that commission but it's ok. Truly, it's ok. I was ahead of schedule so I'm still on track.
This week, I'd like to:
- Finish that commission for real this time.
- Finish the A&C pattern so I can move on.
- Pick up a new commission.
- Plan for and then meet the next milestone in the design project.
- Begin a new exercise routine.
- Try to be a little more consistent with my wake up time and my productivity/work hours. This burn and rest cycle is too tiring.
- Maybe introduce a little bit of "art for fun."
I'm not going to be poetic or long-winded today. I don't have much to say, really. I'm tired, a little overwhelmed with tasks, and slightly nostalgic for the days when my time and income were not so directly tied to one another. This is the messy middle. We get up; we keep moving. One step, then another, then another.
Onward and upward.